THE INFORMATION YOU GIVE US
You may provide us with information about yourself when corresponding with us or when using our websites. Examples include:
- when you buy goods or services from us online, over the phone or in person;
- when you enter a promotion or competition conducted by us (including via our websites or through social media sites);
- when you register to use one of our websites or when you participate with social media functions on our websites; or
- when you register for events run by, sponsored by, or in partnership with Alpha Box & Dice.
The information you give us may include, amongst other things, your name, age, address, email address and phone number, financial and payment card information.
- technical information, such as your computer’s IP address and your browser type; and
- information about your visit, such as the products you viewed or searched for, the length of your visit and the pages that you visited.
THE WAY WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
Generally, information that you give to us is used to provide you with a product or service which you have requested from us (for example, if you have purchased wine from us). We will not use your information to market to you unless we have your implied or express consent. For example, if you purchased wine from us (or registered to do so), enquired about our products, attended an event we have run or been affiliated with or entered a promotion in relation to our products, we may imply your consent to receive marketing materials about those products, or other products or brands which we think you may be interested in. If you receive electronic communications from us, we will always provide you with an opportunity to unsubscribe from receiving further information from us by clicking on the unsubscribe link provided in the communication. We may also use the information we collect from you when you use our websites (such as the areas of a website accessed by you and your IP address) to:
- administer our websites and to try and keep our websites safe and secure;
- help us gain a better understanding of your likes and dislikes so to improve our websites and the services we offer;
- allow you to participate in interactive features of our websites; and
- make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our websites about goods or services that may interest you or them.
We may also share the cookie information we gather from our websites with our related companies for the above purposes.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We will not disclose your personal information to third parties except:
- with your consent;
- where we are required or authorised by law to do so, for example to law enforcement agencies or;
- where third parties appointed by us require access to personal information held by us to perform services (in which case we require these contractors to keep that personal information confidential and not to use or disclose it for any purpose other than the purpose of performing those services);
ACCESS TO YOUR INFORMATION
You have the right to access and modify the personal information we hold about you. You can access and change your personal information by contacting us, or if applicable, via the website where you entered your personal information. We encourage you to contact us in order to keep your personal information up to date.
We take appropriate measures to keep your personal information secure. We have implemented appropriate physical and electronic procedures to protect the personal information we collect. If you have an account with us, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account details including your password, and are responsible for any activity under your account. We will not be responsible for any loss arising from your failure to comply with this obligation. Although we will protect your personal data in accordance with this policy, we cannot guarantee the security of any data transmitted to our websites and any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security measures to try to prevent un-authorised access.
INFORMATION POSTED BY YOU ONLINE
If you post information on one of our websites, including our social media pages, it will generally be accessible to others. We do not recommend you post personal information on public areas of our websites or social media accounts. Personal information posted by you publicly is not covered by this policy.
If you have any questions or concerns about our collection, use or disclosure of personal information, or you wish to make a complaint in relation to our privacy practices, please contact us via our website.